We invite you to join the Harpers Ferry Historical Association. Our members are people who care about Harpers Ferry National Historical Park and who want to learn more about its rich cultural and natural heritage. No matter where you live or how often you visit the park, you can help support the programs and activities of this organization. Harpers Ferry Historical Association has over 500 members throughout the United States and in Canada.
People join the Harpers Ferry Historical Association to:
- Support the interpretive programs of Harpers Ferry National Historical Park.
- Educate and foster appreciation, especially among young people, for Harpers Ferry's heritage and the National Park legacy.
- Support preservation of land and resources important to Harpers Ferry's history.
- Learn more about the park and to participate in its many events and activities.
- All members receive a 15% discount on all purchases from our Park Bookshop. This discount is reciprocal at many other park bookstores operated by cooperating associations in other sites.
- All members receive our newsletter, The View, which features park and association news and activities throughout the year.
- Higher levels of membership offer additional premiums (see membership application).
- All members are invited to our Annual Membership Meeting and Picnic.
- All members are invited to participate in our many educational programs offered during the year.
- All members receive annual "members-only" sale specials.
- All members are invited to meet authors, artists, and musicians at our Annual Author Fest.
- All members are invited to participate in a variety of volunteer opportunities with the Association.
- All members receive the satisfaction of knowing they are helping to support an organization that enhances the educational mission of Harpers Ferry National Historical Park and the National Park Service.
We invite you to become a member, learn more about us, and help us fulfill our mission of "Stewardship Through Education." [Retrieve a Membership Application]
- $25 Armory Worker – Basic membership for a family household. Benefits include a newsletter subscription, a 15% discount on all bookshop purchases, a lapel pin, and invitations to annual meeting and events.
- $25 Sarah Jane Foster – An alternative basic membership for educators. Benefits include the above plus open house for teachers and discounts on programs for teachers.
- $45 Millwright – For those members who are frequent visitors to the park. Benefits are the same as Armory Worker category plus a 12-month Harpers Ferry Park entrance pass.
- $100 Master Armorer – A supporting membership category. Includes all benefits of the Millwright category plus Garnet Jex's "Upper Potomac in the Civil War" pictorial book, member recognition in our newsletter and at our annual meeting, and a special tour.
- $250 Paymaster – For businesses, vendors or family donors who wish to contribute to the Association’s mission. Benefits include 15% discount on all bookshop purchases; a newsletter subscription; lapel pin; invitations to annual meetings, events, and association-sponsored education programs; a 12-month park pass; Garnet Jex's "Upper Potomac in the Civil War" pictorial book; recognition in newsletter and at annual meeting; special tour; and additional membership card.
- $500 Armory Superintendent – For supporters (individual and corporate) who wish to perpetuate Association and Park education programs. Benefits include 15% discount on all bookshop purchases; a newsletter subscription; lapel pins; invitations to annual meeting, events, and education programs; Garnet Jex's "Upper Potomac in the Civil War" pictorial book; recognition in the newsletter and at annual meeting; special tour; a National Park pass (for use in all parks) for individuals; and a display plaque for businesses.